I’ve tried the liquid eyeliner, eyeliner in a pot, wet/dry eyeliner and eyeliner pencil (twist and sharpen kinds, of course), and after all of my trials and tribulations with it, I’m still on the fence about which is the best. If I have time, I absolutely recommend Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner. It has a smooth finish and lasts all day. Not to mention the damn thing lasts forever! But let’s face it – when we’re rushing out of the house in the morning or even applying in the car (which I don’t recommend), we want something fast, right? What’s your go-to eyeliner? I’d like to find something that’s on the reasonably side price, however long lasting and quick to apply.
Posts Tagged ‘mac’
Makeup isn’t cheap – especially for the high quality kinds, and we all know that we’re on a tight budget. But please remember to refrain from sharing makeup – ESPECIALLY stuff that you use on your eyes and lips. Why?
1. Eye make up has the highest risk of contamination with possible irritation and eye infections. Since our eyes are so sensitive, it does not take much bacteria to cause an eye infection. What a horrible way to get pink eye!
2. Lip gloss is also another bad offender. Because it comes in contact with your saliva, it’s easy to share lip infections like cold sores.
3. If you have shared makeup, remember to clean all your brushes (you should be doing this once a week, anyway) and keep the containers on your makeup closed tightly to prevent more germs from getting in. Makeup usually has some preservatives that help with germs, but this is not 100%, so be safe.
And last but not least, here are some safety tips to keep your makeup clean:
- Keep makeup containers closed tight when not in use.
- Keep makeup out of the sunlight to avoid destroying the preservatives.
- Don’t use eye cosmetics if you have an eye infection such as conjunctivitis (pink eye), and throw away any makeup you were using when you first discovered the infection.
- Never add any liquid to a product unless the instructions tell you to.
- Throw away any makeup if the color changes or an odor develops. Preservatives can degrade over time and may not be able to fight bacteria
Halloween is just about the only day when girls can dress slutty sexy and no one can really say anything about it. Am I right? Well, it’s also the day when the geeks show their true inner spirit and come dress as their, well, favorite, uh geek gadget. Hmm. Not very attractive if you ask me. But then who am I to judge? I’m not really in the inner-geeky circuit. These costumes were pretty original and funny and whether or not you love ’em or hate ’em, you gotta give them credit!
Check out the rest of the costumes at EgoTV
I’m not a lipstick wearing gal. Mostly for the fact that I don’t like getting lipstick on my food, drinks and in my mouth. I wanted to find a deep red lipstick that I could wear when I go out and I automatically thought M.A.C because it’ s my favorite makeup line. This lipstick is the perfect color and I noticed that it also supports HIV and AIDS.
Does anyone have have any good suggestions on colors and lipsticks that don’t fade easily?
The other day I was waiting to go to a party and I was walking around union square and slipped into their sephora to buy an the eybrow kit, Brow Zings from Benefit (this is the best kit every, BTW). I started talking to the very helpful sales person and I ended up spending $150!
I didn’t know that you had to clean your makeup brushes every week! My makeup brushes were like 6 years old and every cleaned, but 2 times, hehe. So I vowed to be clean and bacteria free and bought this kit. It’s a great buy at only $44 bucks and you get the essentials. All I needed to by to accompany this was an eyeliner brush for $12. What a bargain. I urge you to clean your brushes often and if it’s been too long, just toss them. It’s not work the eye bacteria. EWW.
Yup, we all know that I had an iPhone. If you don’t, now you do. I lost it in a cab. I’m over it now (really!) and I have an awesome Blackberry Pearl and I do admit, I love LOVE LOVE brickbreaker, but alas, its time to move on and I want the red Blackberry Curve (hey! I’m picky, but I’m just being honest!). Well that is until I saw this…..pink iPhone. I know its totally photoshopped, but wouldn’t it be cool if they actually had a pink iPhone!?
who is a member of makeup alley? if you don’t know what that is, you can check it out here. it’s a pretty cool forum all about makeup, beauty and beauty products. you can get some great reviews by real people and you can even swap makeup – though i wouldn’t recommend that!!! got a question? they have an answer. and there are always thousands of people on the site, so you always have someone to talk to about makeup…. and who doesn’t like talking about makeup? so next time you’re going to splurge on that 30 dollar lancome eyeshadow, make sure you check out makeup alley and see if its actually worth the big bucks!