I feel like a lot of people overlook accessories. But accessories can really make or break an outfit. If you’re running late for work, throw on a pair of cute earrings and boom, you have an instantly new outfit. The same goes with belts. Belts totally matter. One belt can make an array of different outfits from things you already have. And let me tell you, they are way cheaper than a new outfit. I love this skinny belt from Gap. It’s not only a great accessory, but it has some pizzaz to it to spice up any outfit. Be it a work outfit or a first day. This is perfect belt all around!
Posts Tagged ‘gap’
The holidays are here (my favorite time of year) and with the holidays comes gift giving. Now, I love giving gifts but I also have to face the fact that we’re in a recession, so spending $50 bucks on a friend isn’t really realistic. Plus, you have coworkers and such. So I’ve compiled a list of the best gifts to give for under $20.
1. Lip Saver Roll by Korres ($15.60 with discount code)– This roll of Lip balm is nothing like you’re used to. I hate those annoying lip balms that smell bad, dry out your lips and come off easily. This is a real treat – since it’s made with shea butters, it offers hydration, a light tint and some shine to your lips. Not to mention the great scent -Remember too, Korres products are all natural, so you can be assured that this product is quality. Anyway, you can never have too many lip butters! (Also enter the keyword URBAN for a special 20% off discount until the end of November!)
2. Totally Bamboo Pineapple Cutting Board and Spreader ($18 for both) – This is for the friend or family member who love to entertain, or just loves to cook. This adorable Pineapple Cutting Board is only $15 and spreader is only $3! What a bargain. It’s great to serve cheese or fruit or for cutting smaller items. This is not only a great holiday gift, but also something that’s good to keep on hand for when you need a quick hostess gift or housewarming present. Also, did you know that Bamboo is 16% harder than maple so the board will last longer. It also has anti-microbial properties to repel bacteria. You get all of this while helping to keep the world green!
3. Frozen Hot Chocolate Mix From Serendipity ($16) – Who doesn’t love hot chocolate during the winter months? Well, this is a new spin – FROZEN Hot Chocolate! It’s absolutely amazing – ask anyone who’s visited the restaurant in New York. This rich, creamy hot chocolate beats anything you can get in the store and you can make it hot or cold. You decide!
4. 88 Piece Makeup Palette by Coastal Scents ($18.95) – Nope, that’s not a type. You do really get 88 super pigmented eyeshadow colors. What else could a girl need? Each color is about a dime size, but since they are super pigmented, you only need a touch of it. Great to travel with and will last a lifetime. Not to mention you can use them wet or dry.
5. Lambie Ballerina Slippers and Shea Butter Socks ($20 for both) – Pamper your feet this holiday season with Lambie Ballerina Slippers and a pair of Shea Butter Socks. These socks have shea butter infused in them to keep your feel silky and smooth, then wear the slippers around the house for even a softer luxurious feel while hanging out buy the fire or cookin’ up a yummy holiday meal!
6. Try me Shea by L’Occitane ($15) – With winter comes dryness and we all know that nothing is less sexy than dry, cracked skin. Which is why ‘Try Me Shea‘ is the perfect holiday gift. This luxurious gift bag comes with shower cream, lotion, hand cream, shampoo, conditioner, face soap and a travel pouch. Say buh-bye to dryness and hello Shea butter!
7. Aunt Sadie’s Holiday Candles ($18) – There is nothing that reminds me of a holiday more so than the fresh scented aroma of baking gingerbread cookies and cinnamon spice. Well, with Aunt Sadie’s Holiday Candles, you can replicate the smell to make your house smell great all holiday season!
8. Knitted Beret from Gap ($19.50) – Stay warm while doing your holiday shopping with a cute knitted beret from Gap. It’s stylish, warm and under $20. This makes a great gift for the friend who lives in cold weather or just loves to be outfitted from head to toe. Comes in 4 great colors.
Well that just about completes this year’s holiday gift guide for under $20. Is there something I missed or something that you’d love to receive for under $20? Leave it in the comments!
Leave me a comment below and tell me which sweater I should purchase. Both are from Gap and both are within the $48-$54 range – not a huge difference. The grey sweater also comes in light greyish-purple. Since I opened my credit card at Banana Republic, I have had the urge to shop at their sister stores. Hell, they even gave me a 10% off coupon. I am such a sucker.
I’m usually not an impulse buyer but yesterday while walking by Banana Republic I saw this jacket and I had to have it. I didn’t fit into a size small (too big) and extra small was too small. Also the jacket was $250. After searching and searching and 2 stores later, I found the same jacket in the petite section of another BR. I quickly grabbed it. Turns out that up until yesterday they had a 30% off outerwear sale! When my jacket rang up at the register it was only $175…then of course I had to open up a BR credit card to get the extra 20% off and I got it for a grand total of $140. Boy, am I proud of my purchase.
Also when I signed up for the new card, I got a coupon book and here’s a tip, for all the online shoppers, use the promotion / coupon code NEWCARD for GAP, Old Navy or Banana Republic for an online 10% discount.