I am heading to Vegas to meet up with some old college friends and from the email back and forth, everyone seems to be getting a new dress to wear out on the town. I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a new dress, but want something new for the occasion. What do you think of this cowl neck dress from Forever 21? Too business-y?
Posts Tagged ‘dress’
I am in a wedding in a few weeks and had been pining over the dilemma of NO DRESS! I wanted to find something long and elegant, yet that matched with the “fall colors” that everyone else was wearing. My boyfriend’s kind mom sent me this amazing dress by Badgely Mischka. Now, I, for one, don’t own really any designer dresses. In fact, I can hardly say “Badgley Mischka” without sounding slightly drunk. However, this dress looks amazing. I’m having a tailor take it in a couple sizes since it needs to fit perfectly (and was slightly large when I received it). Any accessories that you think might go with this? Send ’em my way!
So as you all know I am a sucker for dresses. This one so happens to be a Tadashi dress which I am currently in love with. No, I haven’t tried it on yet, but it looks so beautiful that I’ve been admiring via the web. The ruching is all in the right places and the fabric falls so freely, yet is snug enough. Perfect for a wedding, huh? The problem is the $300 price tag. Looks like I might have to try eBay…
What do you cover-up with when you go to the beach? Probably shorts and a tank, or a sundress. But what if you’re on vacation and you want to look nice and just a little stylish? Then, the tunic is your friend!
I’ve searched high and low for some tunics for my Florida vacation coming up and I’d like your opinion on which one you like best, ok? Thanks!
1. Embellished Tunic from Victoria’s Secret: Casual, yet very chic.
2. Embroidered Boho Tunic: Fun and playful, yet very stylish
3. Elan Embroidered Tunic: Casual and classy.
4. Lillie Top: I know they have this paired with jeans, but I think it’d make a fab beach cover up, don’t you?!
How amazing does Jennifer Lopez look in this zuhair murad gown? I think it’s the simpleness of the style of the dress decorated with sparkly sequin, diamonds and pearls that make this simple style stunning. Not to mention, her skin color is the perfect complement to this. Wow. Need I say more? What are your thoughts?
I wanted to re-visit one of my favorite old shopping destinations — Urban Outfitters. When I was living in NY, my friend Ian and I would go there probably once or twice a week. Heck, I lived 2 blocks away from one! Anyway, I haven’t really been there in a while to dress shop given my latest shoe craze, but I checked back last night and was pleasantly suprised! Here are a few of my favs!
Silence and Noise Strapless Colorblock Ponte Dress: What a mouthful for such a delicate dress!
Cody Strapless Dress: Save this one for springtime, or better yet Easter! What a nice splash of color.
Kimchi Blue Print Chiffon Sahara Dress: Love the simplicity of the cut and the subtle pink bright colors.
What’s your favorite dress? Leave it in the comments!
This cute little retro number is what I’ll be wearing for the holidays. It’s called the Helen Dress. And I got it at Motel Rocks, a fabulous site that has tons of inexpensive dresses to suit your every need. I like this one because of its simple characteristics, yet very chic. Now, since it’s hip hugging, I’m going to need some Spanx to go with it. Never tried ’em before. Also a cute jacket. Any recommendations?
Here are some more dresses from Motel Rocks that you may also enjoy:
When you’re meeting his parents for the first time this Winter season, you’re going to want to make a great impression, am I right? You’re already going to have to divulge your future plans, healthy eating habits and possibly the number of kids you plan on having in the future. So the last thing you need to think about is how you dress. You need to make a great first impression and that can only be done by having a fabulous outfit!
Keep in mind these 3 simple rules: Turtlnecks always do great, less is more, no shiny or glittery material!
Here are my top 3 FAVORITE sweater dresses that are sure to make you a hit – and remember, be your own judge on the amount of cleavage / leg shown – these dresses may fit different on some people.
1. Marled Cowlneck Sweater Dress – Very elegant with a banded waist to keep your tummy tucked in, just in case you eat too much at dinner.
2. Cotton and Cashmere Sweater Dress – This loose fitting dress looks great on all body types and shapes – especially with the cinched waist band – again, gives a woman without curves some curves!
3. Cowlneck Sweater Dress – A little peasant-like, but moms will definitely dig it. It gives off the “goody two shoes” look and it’s “cute,’ not hot, which will also earn you some extra brownie points. Not to mention you can wear this to the office as well.
Urban Outfitters is so wishy-washy. Sometimes, they have cute stuff, and other times they have obscure hipster vintage crap that is way too overpriced. I’m a smart shopper so I only go there for the deals. But sometimes even the deals, and especially the dresses makes you think, “What were they thinking?”
Here’s my pick of the top 3 ugliest dresses from Urban Outfitters. Looks like their designers need to get back to the drawing board on these!
1. Looks like they got this floral print on-sale (at least I hope they did) because it hasn’t been around since the 80’s and early 90’s. Oh, and since when did throwing a zipper in the front of a dress become flattering?
2. Urban Outfitters idea of trying to make a Stewardess uniform more mainstream. No, I take that back, I’m being unfair to the Stewardess uniforms with this ugly piece of $&#*. There you have it again with the zipper and this polyester/nylon looking blend. You couldn’t have gotten more cheap, shapeless and just so boring.
3. If I wanted to look like an eggplant for Halloween, I would consider buying this. But then, taking into consideration its overpriced-ness, I would have to object. This shapeless frock makes skinny people look fat and fat people look fatter. I can’t understand why you would spend money on this pathetic excuse for a dress when Ralphs is giving away free grocery bags .
Yellow is such a weird color. It’s fascinates me. It’s beautiful, vibrant, yet its one of those tricky colors that only some people can wear. I LOVE this dress, but not sure I can pull of its marigold color. Note: It also comes in a deep purple, but the yellow is perfect for summer, don’t you agree?
The J Crew Dress: Maybe I have way too many dresses that look like this, but somehow I always gravitate back to this type of dress. I’ll admit, I don’t have the perfect body shape and this dress really looks good on skinny, no shape, body types. I tried it on yesterday and loved the soft comfy material, but couldn’t bring myself to shell out the $78 bucks. Sale, anyone?
I know it’s still pretty much the dead of winter, but for some reason, stores are starting to display an array of summer clothing. This makes me not only mad that I can’t wear this and also hopeful that I will be able to wear them soon! American Eagle is one of my favorite clothing stores for their plain and classic styles and reasonable prices. Despite, its pretty reputation, I try to stick with their plain classic styles that won’t go out of style. Take a look at a few of their cute summer dresses. Click on the pictures to go to the page. (*All dresses under $45)
I am attending the 2nd wedding this year and I literally have no dresses to wear. The first wedding I went to, I dug up and old $50 dress from a college party and wore that. I would wear the same dress again, only its the SAME people at this upcoming wedding – the band is even the same!
I saw this beautiful dress at White House Black Market (I love that store) but it’s about $200. WOW. Way too much for my casual self, who never wears dresses.
Here’s my question. If I buy this, is it something that’s classic enough that I can keep for years? And i mean YEARS? Or will it go out of style? I’d rather invest in something that I know I can wear over and over. Any ideas?
Well this is my first post about NYC Fashion week. Though I live in New York and fashion is all around me, I choose to pay attention to only the things I like. I’m not a big fan of all the high fashion designers because I don’t think those clothes featured on the runways look good on anyone. Though, I do love this lace dress that Rachel Bilson is wearing by Zac Posen. Nice touch.
Here’s another observation, why does she always look so stunning in whatever she’s wearing???
My friend posted this dress on her blog, Fashion Smashion and while I do love the look of this dress, I am unable to bring myself to dropping $625 on it. Even if I did have the money lying around. There are way more things that I would prefer to buy – things that I need, such as new socks or food. But that’s just me. This is still a beautiful Vera Wang dress!
Please help me decide what trends are actually going to work this summer. I see all kinds of crazy stuff around NYC and some of it I love, most I hate (and I guess this really tells a lot about my fashion sense.) What’s in? What’s out? HELP! Leave me a comment!
1. Lace – Lace tops, lace dresses… lace embellishments. Oh and by the way, does that mean that you can get away without wearing anything underneath?? I certainly would feel weird walking out without something solid under a lace top, but that’s just me.
2. Pastel Colors – I have dark olive skin and to tell you the truth, pastels look horrid on me. I’m not saying they look bad on everyone but is this really a trend? I feel like I’m a 5 year old when I wear pastel colors. Although this yellow color is beautiful. Anyone else feel this way?
3. The color purple – Some people say purple is the new pink. Take it as you will, I still love pink…. things. I’d never wear the color pink because it looks bad on me and I actually like the purple trend. Well, dark purple. Like I said, pastels look bad on me. Yay for plum purple outfits.
4. Gladiator Sandals – UGH I hate these. They look so freakin weird. Maybe they’d look better if they weren’t so freakishly tall. And what kind of tan lines do you get from wearing these!?! Please tell me this trend is going to go away… forever.
Are there any trends I’m missing? (I hope!) Let me know in the comments! Which trends to you love/hate?
I haven’t visited Urban Outfitters in a quite some time due to the fact that I’m trying to cut back on my shopping habits. However, everytime I go back to the site, I crave new clothing – namely dresses. The single best thing about an urban outfitters dress is that at first it may look weird, but then you do another take and it’s quite unique and frankly, fabulous. I’ve actually worn my sailor looking dress from UO to work and someone said it was so ugly that I shouldn’t ever wear it again. PSH. He obviously didn’t know fashion.
Here’s my UO pick of the week… thank you Free People. You Rock!!!
I love these maxi dresses, but I have a problem. I’m only 5’2″ and every dress is super long on me. Why don’t they make these dresses short-people-friendly?
Any other short people out there have advice on how to wear these.. and not have to wear 5 inch heels? HELP!
I went onto Nordstrom.com today because I wanted desperately to find the dress that I bought last year. It is the most adorable jumper dress thats so comfortable and versatile. I can literally wear it with leggings, with a tank, shirt or long sleeve underneath it, or by itself for a cute dress. I did not find it on the site, as it must be outdated, but I did find a pic of myself wearing it. (I’m in the middle)
Anyway, here’s my main reason for this post. Though I did not find MY dress, I found this interesting dress with this ENORMOUS bow! What is with these HUGE bows? It makes her look like a present, and in my opinion it’s pretty tacky.
Maybe it’s just me and this is the new fashion trend (even though I hate it.) Anyone else hate it? Or love it? Post in the comments!!!!