I absolutely love Christmas & the holidays. I could listen to Christmas music year-round. Which is why it’s so hard to choose between which album I want to buy. Jessica Simpson, The Glee Cast or Mariah Carey’s. I think I should buy all three. If you have one of these albums, which is your favorite?
Archive for the 'Entertainment' Category
That’s right peeps. You can now head over the the Palms in Vegas and stay in a Barbie – inspired suite. How amazing it this? Pink everywhere?! I really coudln’t ask for anything more. This chic ultra-bachelorette pad wad designed by Jonathan Adler and it features custom Barbie wall coverings and a sunburst mirror made of 65 Barbie dolls.
Some of the amenities include
- Two-Way Fireplace
- Full Bar
- Plasma TVs
- Steam Shower
- Jacuzzi® Tub
- Superior Sound System
- iPod® Hi-Fi
- Creston Controlled TVs and Drapes
- 2,350 Square Feet
- 50-person Capacity
Halloween is just about the only day when girls can dress slutty sexy and no one can really say anything about it. Am I right? Well, it’s also the day when the geeks show their true inner spirit and come dress as their, well, favorite, uh geek gadget. Hmm. Not very attractive if you ask me. But then who am I to judge? I’m not really in the inner-geeky circuit. These costumes were pretty original and funny and whether or not you love ’em or hate ’em, you gotta give them credit!
Check out the rest of the costumes at EgoTV
Kristen Cavallari apparently thinks she’s better than John Mayer – and Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Simpson, etc etc. The list goes on. She told LA Times that she didn’t date him, after she knew that he was telling them that they did date. Wow, that makes him look really really bad. She’s a bitch for doing that. Who is she to deny John Mayer anyway. I’m not saying he’s the best musician of all time, but at least he’s good at something. Kristen has a good body, I give her that, but what kind of talent does she have anyway? NONE! She’s so-called famous for being a total bitch on Laguna Beach.
All the other women that John Mayer have dated (even Jessica Simpson, who’s a dumb blonde) have way more talent that Kristen Cavallari. There are no truer words than saying that she sucks at life.
Read the full article here.
I am looking for a new car and you all know how much I love pink. Here are some of my top favorites:
1. Pink Corvette
2. Not sure what this car is.. Toyota? Nissan?
3. VW Bug!
4. Pink Modified Honda? Hmm…
5. Talk about bottlenose…. it’s the Pink Panther!
6. Corvette II
7. Audi TT Coupe: Cute, but bad visibility
8. Pinky Smart Car
9. Ford Thunderbird.. just had to make the list.
10. A mini Mini!
Also, which is your favorite?
I just saw the movie Slumdog Millionaire last week and now I understand why it was nominated for and won so many Oscars. Did anyone notice that Latika (actress Freida Pinto) was ALWAYS wearing yellow? Yellow not only makes her skin tone stand out but it looks beautiful on her. I must admit that I really loved the costume designing on her. She is a true beauty.
I saw Marley and Me in theatres a few week ago after I had finished reading the book and I must say I LOVED Jennifer Aniston’s wardrobe in it. I don’t know whether their stylist just had a good sense of casual chic or maybe it’s that her perfect body makes everything look awesome. Either way, I am envious. Especially in her winter wear outfit below – she dressed so cute. I guess I am just jealous that I can never find jeans to fit me perfectly like the way they do one her… ah petty things.
P.S. The move was great!
I spent my Sunday watching Sunday Night Football and posing for some cute Christmas pictures in our matching JCrew onesie PJs. Also, Andrew and I visited the tree at Rockafellar Center. Gotta love it!
Just got back from the Carlos Miele Fashion show and I loved his collection. A lot of bright sparkly things, green and blues and RED RED RED. A lot of the models were wearing dresses that I would actually wear – cute tube dresses, long dresses – nothing too crazy, but very chic.
I really like how instead of a music track playing, he had an artist who was singing the entire time and actually interacted with the models. It gave the show a ver personable, friendly, fun feel.
This past weekend, my boyfriend Andrew and I set out to buy a record player. No, we’re not DJs, we just like music and it sounds a hell of a lot better on a record player. He works at Guitar Center so we checked out a bunch of turntables. Unfortunately buying a turntable brings on the issue of having to buy a mixer to control the volume, speakers, a needle and a bunch of cables to connect everything together.
We settled for this cheap, portable record player and it definitely gets the job done. It was only $50 bucks and it comes with speakers, a volume dial and a case. Although we had some Rockit speakers and they sounds even better. I absolutely love it. Then we headed down to St. Marks and picked up a bunch of used records for like $5 each! What a great deal!! (Except Herbie Hancock – that was only $3… !)
Record Players are making a comeback. Ok, so maybe that’s just in my world. I have no aspiration to become a famous DJ, but I just love the sound of a good ‘ol record player. I can’t wait to start my collection. Here’s a great record player that I found…. but then again I’m still deciding if I should get the all-inclusive one or get a turn table with some badass sounding speakers from Guitar Center…. any suggestions?
This particular model is by Crosley and it goes for about $150, but it includes a USB cord so you can rip your records to your computerl…. sweet!
Please help me decide what trends are actually going to work this summer. I see all kinds of crazy stuff around NYC and some of it I love, most I hate (and I guess this really tells a lot about my fashion sense.) What’s in? What’s out? HELP! Leave me a comment!
1. Lace – Lace tops, lace dresses… lace embellishments. Oh and by the way, does that mean that you can get away without wearing anything underneath?? I certainly would feel weird walking out without something solid under a lace top, but that’s just me.
2. Pastel Colors – I have dark olive skin and to tell you the truth, pastels look horrid on me. I’m not saying they look bad on everyone but is this really a trend? I feel like I’m a 5 year old when I wear pastel colors. Although this yellow color is beautiful. Anyone else feel this way?
3. The color purple – Some people say purple is the new pink. Take it as you will, I still love pink…. things. I’d never wear the color pink because it looks bad on me and I actually like the purple trend. Well, dark purple. Like I said, pastels look bad on me. Yay for plum purple outfits.
4. Gladiator Sandals – UGH I hate these. They look so freakin weird. Maybe they’d look better if they weren’t so freakishly tall. And what kind of tan lines do you get from wearing these!?! Please tell me this trend is going to go away… forever.
Are there any trends I’m missing? (I hope!) Let me know in the comments! Which trends to you love/hate?
I really love the Compai girls. They are creative, passionate and overall energetic and quirky. On today’s Threadbanger episode, they took a plain ‘ol wifebeater – ish tank top (P.S. why are they called wifebeaters?) and some scrap fabric to make it into a jazzy summer tank. I love this idea because it really doesn’t require much fabric ( you can probably use what you already have) and it literally takes minutes to do. Fabulous, I tell ya.
Plus they have a ton of other ideas and inspirations in their book series, 99 ways. Check that out!
I caught up with Audrey from Frassy and did a quick interview to see what she has to say about fashion. Here it is!
3 words to describe your style?
1. My style depends on my mood, so it changes daily. These days I am really into boho chic, and I guess my style is always quirky.
Edie Sedgwick or Marilyn Monroe?
2. Both are amazing women, both hugely iconic. But I am going to go with Edie, I love leggings and she practically invented them!
Best Thrift Store/Vintage Buy?
3. I found an old D+G red suede bag for fifty euros about 3 years ago and I am still in love with it! I pretty much take it everywhere.
Favorite Fashion Quote?
4. Tim Walker, the famous photographer, said “Fashion allows fantasy, and I’m a fantasist”. I love this quote as it truly evokes the sheer mass of creativity and inspiration that the fashion sphere provides.
Reason why people should visit your blog?
5. Hmmm….because I’m creative, I can take original photos…and my fashion perspective has a literature, art twist, making it that much more interesting! Just read it, you won’t be dissapointed
Guys – so you’re single and you are trying so hard to get a girl, but there’s just no success?
Here’s one tip – You’re NOT following the rules.
I’m not sure exactly what this girl though when she was getting dressed. Either she’s colorblind or she was drunk. Still, I blame her friends for letting her walk out of the house looking like a smurf for a few reasons. Notice the blue tights are stirrups. Those have been out since the 80’s. Second off, the red shoes only make her look like she’s going for a patriotic theme. Third, tights aren’t pants. They are supposed to be work with bottoms. Where are her pants???