I’m home sick today, working away just as hard as I would be if I were at work, so I guess I can hardly call this being home sick. What are my symptoms? Well I have a headache, feel very tired, have a sore throat that makes me feel like I’ve been a chain smoker my entire life, and just feel bad overall.
I’ve been sipping Ginger Tea, which is my cure all for a sore throat, lost voice, refreshing and energizing warm drink to stay healthy and pretty much what I rely on during the cold winter months. As you may or may not know, Ginger is a wonder root – it has anti-inflammatory properties, great for digestion, helps break down fatty foods, and can aid in nausea, as well as many more things.
It’s super easy to make, here is my recipe, though you can modify it to your liking (some people add lemon).
- About a 3 inch piece of ginger root
- 6 Cups of water
- Grate the ginger as fine as you can get it, leaving the skin on.
- Put the ginger in the 6 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Once the water is boiling, simmer it on low for about 15 – 20 min
- Use a fine strainer and ladle to pour out the tea into a cup, toss the ginger in the strainer back into the pot
- Add about a teaspoon of honey or to your likeness.
- Sip slowly and enjoy!
Do you have a family sore throat or sickness remedy that you’d like to share? Please comment and let me know!
Also check out 5 Ways to Avoid the Flu!