you know how much i love dresses. this one is simple. sophisticated. chic. on sale. breathable.
Archive for May, 2008
I’ll admit, I’ve gone through my share of wifebeaters. Cheap ones, cheaper ones, expensive ones.. and these are my favorite for these reasons:
- The low-cut-ness of the scoop neck is perfect, not too low, but very flattering
- The material does not stretch out after many wears so you don’t have to wash after every use
- The colors are HOT!
*These tanks come in a variety of different colors and are only $15.50! They’re on sale!
I love cooking, probably more than the next person. I find it like an art and by adding different colors, you create a whole new dish. Now, I admit that I don’t own many gadgets right now because I’m squished in a tiny apartment in New York City with no counterspace. But, often, I do dream about the day where I’ll have a gadget for everything… and yes, it will be pink. Here are my top 10 picks:
1. Pink Blender: For drinks, sauces, soups, smoothies – you name it. You gotta have a blender!
2. Pink pot holders / dish towels: Apparantly John Deere likes pink too. And these are not really gadgets, more of a kitchen staple. Who cares? They still make my list!
3. Pink Strainers: Not only are they a great pink color, but they have very stylish designs on it!
4. Pink Knife Set: It’s not just one knife – it’s a whole freakin’ knife set. Who knew cutting could be so glamorous?
5. Pink Wine Opener: How do you open your pink wine? With a pink wine opener! Just kidding, I hope you don’t drink pink wine….
6. Pink Cooking Utensils: Yesss…. more pink!
7. Pink Stove: What to cook on? A vintage pink stove! I’m in love – where do I find one?
8. Pink George Foreman Grill – an essential in every household.
9. Pink Water Dispenser: Need Water? Why not make it a cuter dispenser than the generic ones?
I have been wanting a pair of cowboy boots for a while. Why? I don’t know. I’m not really a fan of country music, I don’t ride horses and I hate western movies. But for some reason, I’m fascinated with cowboy boots.
Here are 3 reasons why I love these boots:
1.The heel height – they are short enough that they are comfortable to walk all over NYC, but tall enough to give my 5’2″ frame some height
2. The color. I LOVE this brown color. It’s so universal – you can wear it with brown, jeans, black, white, whatever you want!
3. The scrunch look. The scrunch gives the boots a great fashion-y contemporary look.
1 reason why I hate these boots:
1. The price. $150. WTF!!?!?!? Get out of here Steve Madden.
I must buy. I must buy. I must buy. Forever 21 has skinny jeans named LINDSEY
! They must be for me! They are a whopping $12.50 – and no that isn’t a typo. Cute color too!
I’m just going to rant about how expensive it is to get a good tan. I hate this weather in New York. It’s May (almost June) and it’s freakin’ cold and rainy outside. WHAT THE HELL? I went to my local tanning salon on my way home, but first – I checked online to see if they were offering first time user deals. NOPE. I know – tanning isn’t good for you at all, but for me I can justify it because I only got about 5 times per year. And I rarely ever tan outside. This specific tanning salon had an unlimited monthly special for $34 bucks but they lock you in to have to sign a year contract. THIS ISN’T A GYM! They are locking you in to get skin cancer! HOLY $%#&!!!
I eventually signed up for a 5x use for $50. Still a rip off, but I figured since it was a one time use, it would be OK. When I used to live in LA, tanning was like $3 a tan! When did being so tan become so expensive?
I absolutely love this Dream Cream from Lush. (Well, I love everything except for the price – it’s $22 bucks a pop!) It is VERY mosturizing and contains great ingredients, including Camomile Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Cocoa Butter and more. After a few days it leaves dry skin feeling great, especially those rough spots on elbows and hands. It’s also recommended for people with sore skin or eczema – which is why I use it – it’s all natural. (And it smells great!)
*If you’re hesitant about dropping the big bucks on such a small tub of lotion, you can visit a store and get a free sample to try out!
This Friday I am leaving to go to Houston for my cousin’s graduation. I needed a small duffle that I could take on the plane and could hold enough stuff for 4 days (I’m a very light packer). I found this Gucci duffle in Chinatown this weekend and bargained them down to $30 bucks. I am soooo excited because I love the Gucci print and this bag is just adorable! I can’t wait to travel many places with my bag – and hey, it looks totally real in real life. Can you tell the difference?
All hail to the rainy day! There’s not an accessory that is more needed than an umbrella on rainy days like these. (Well maybe rain boots, but it’s not raining THAT hard). That is why I begin my quest for cute umbrellas. Sure, you can buy a $5 umbrella from the guy sitting outside the subway, but those are boring and cheap. So why not plan ahead and get a great looking umbrella that will make you stand out from the crowd?
This one is from Jcrew. Very cute and unique. Plus I like the way the blue and green complement each other.
Then you have the Pagoda Umbrella from Signature Bella. A bit different and SO pink! I love it!
The signature Juicy Couture rhinestone umbrella. Perfect for the superstar in your life. I LOVE THIS TOO!
The practicle umbrella. It’s so compact that you can carry it anywhere and always have it on hand when the rains start to pour. Not to mention it comes with a handy flashlight!
The see-through huge obnoxious, yet cute umbrella from Target. Yeah we know its a bit annoying to stand next to someone with one of these, but if YOU’RE the person with this umbrella, there is NO CHANCE that you’ll be getting wet.
The Vintage Parasol Umbrella. Need I say more?
If you’ve always wanted one of those bolero/shrug wraps but ever found the right one, now you can make one! This is a great tutorial with easy steps to make one from an old turtleneck! And also, if you don’t have a sewing machine, get out your video cameras, because now is your chance to win one!
I love summery flowy dresses just as much as the next girl for a variety of different reasons. They are casual enough to wear to the beach, you can dress them up at dinner, they hide your flaws and stomach, and they are super comfy. I am thinking about buying these dresses from Forever21.. if I can find my size. What do you think? Which one is cuter?