Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and for those of you who are super crafty, you’ve probably already nixed the idea of a box o’ chocolates from Walgreens and the stuffed bear that comes with it. Here are some really great and unique ideas that you might enjoy. Also, if you have ideas of your own, feel free the leave them in the comments!
1. Wobbly Heart: This handcrafted (with love) heart and can be used for many various different thing… ornament, decoration, stuff it with scented stuffing for a sweet drawer scent. Thanks to Tangled Thread for this idea and instuctions!
2. Brown Paper Bag Album: Let me warn you first: You’ll need quite some time to make this look as elaborate and intracate as shown in the pictures below, but once you’ve completed it, you’re sure to impress everyone! It’s made out of brown paper bag.. I know, I know – hard to believe, but you better believe it. It also features hidden pockets for more journaling and pictures! Learn how to make it!
3. Oh so sweet Valentines Day Peppermint Patties: What a mouthful….literally. These adorable pink and red peppermint patties make a perfect addition to your Valentines Day gift. The fact that it’s edible and effortless yet looks complicated automatically makes it on my list.
4. Cockscomb Valentine Wreath: Ok, so maybe you’e sick of getting candy, so here’s an alternative way to suprise someone with a wreath that they’ll have for forever! Well… maybe not forever, but at least until next Valentines Day! It’s super easy to make and very sophisticated looking.
5. Pop Up Card!: It’s a nice gesture when you buy someone a card on Valentine’s Day. Take it a step further, well maybe a few steps further and make them a card.. but not just any card, but a pop up card! This little pop-up trick works really well in a scrapbook as well.
6. Doily Envelopes: These cute little envelopes add a delightful touch to just about any card. It gives each card a delicate look and can be made with a variety of different doilies. The nice thing about these is it gives a great contrast to the color of the card inside.
7. Bonbon – Filled Hearts: What more could you ask for on Valentines day than a heart-shaped container filled with bon bons (or any of your favorite candy for that matter)? They make great suprises when hanging from doorknobs, computers, car rear view mirrors or pretty much anywhere you can hang something from.
8. Valentines Day crocheted fortune cookie: Everyone loves fortune cookies, so why not make a bunch for your special friends on Valentines day? They do take a bit of time and if you can’t crochet, well… it’s going to be a bit of a challenge, but it’s damn worth the wait. Add a magnet on the back and Voila! You have a year-round magnet!
9. Beating soapy love heart: What better way to get clean on Valentines day than with a beating soapy love heart? Pick any fragrance to make it unique to your soap, and add a small LED light (minus the magnet) for a glowing, beating effect. Then throw in some glitter and you’re ready to take a shower! (via Instructables)
10. Valentines Day edibles!: Just by browsing the Martha Stewart Valentines day section, you can find tons (and I mean TONS) of edible gifts to make. These are pretty simple, very presentable and fabulous tasting. Click on the picture below for the recipe. Thank’s Martha!