It’s officially summer time – yes it’s been over 90 degrees in New York City for the past few days and you know what that means??? Tanning and beach! But before you hit the sun, there are some thing that you need to bring with you to look your best.
Here are the top 5 things that I recommend:
1. A great sunscreen, SPF of at least 30 is recommended. I like Aveeno because it’s sensitive on the skin, goes on smoothly and doesn’t run. It’s also oil free, non greasy and waterproof!
2. Lip Balm with SPF. You may not think so, but it’s really important to keep those puckers from being chapped. I like this one by B. Kamins because the SPF is really high = very important.
3. Blotting papers. There are a MUST HAVE. Even just for your everyday use. With the hot sun, you don’t want your makeup running or looking too shiny. Here’s the solution:
4. Waterproof mascara. Being at the beach doesn’t mean you can’t wear mascara. In fact it that subtle accent that will make you look even more fabulous. Dior’s Diorshow is amazing because it really doesn’t run if you go for a swim.
5. After Sun Moisturizer. Ladies (and Gents), this is VERY important. Apply immediately after leaving the sun. It not only protects your tan, but it replenishes you skin with vitamins and keeps it nourshed from the harsh sun. Clarins makes great after sun lotion – the lotion makes your skin feel refreshed.
So grab a hold of these items, and let’s hit the beach!